Collard greens have an inherent “bite”. Here their spiciness is amped up when they are tossed with ground peanuts, cayenne and garlic powder. Kale crisps, long the vegan favorite, have a contender with this snack food.
Collard Green Crisps with Ground Peanuts
1 bunch collard greens
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp sunflower oil
1/2 cup peanuts
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Spray large baking sheet with vegetable oil.
3. Clean, de-stem and chop the collard greens into large squares.
4. In a large mixing bowl, toss the greens with the sunflower oil.
5. Chop peanuts finely. They should be almost granular but not a paste.
6. Sprinkle peanuts, chili pepper, garlic powder, salt and pepper and toss again.
7. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes. Stir mixture at mid-point. When leaves start to crisp and brown they are done.