Replace artery-clogging cheese with nutritional yeast and these little snacks are a winner! The nutritional yeast that we used is fortified with Vitamin B12 and we also added toasted wheat germ and pumpkin seeds. The cayenne pepper makes them a bit spicy too! They are low-calorie if you can eat just one.
1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/8 cup sunflower oil
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Gently toast pumpkin seeds in a pan and let cool.
3. Spray a baking sheet with oil.
4. Combine flour, baking powder, cayenne pepper, salt, nutritional yeast, and oil in a bowl and mix well. Gradually add the water. This will be a stiff dough.
5. Lightly flour a flat surface and with a rolling pin roll out pieces the width and thickness of a pencil. Arrange the pieces on a baking sheet.
6. Bake for 10 minutes or until browned.