These little meatless balls can be used in soups, pasta, sandwiches or on their own as a snack. They can also be dipped in barbecue sauce.
To make them even healthier, you can skip cooking them in the pan with oil and just bake them for the entire time until done.
1 can butter beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 onion, minced
3 garlic clove, chopped
1/2 cup bread crumbs, whole wheat
1 tbsp water
1/2 tsp marjoram
1 tsp basil
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp red pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1. Place garlic cloves in the food processor with the butter beans and puree.
2. Pour this mixture into a large mixing bowl with the other ingredients and stir well.
3. Scoop one tablespoon-size balls either with a spoon or a scoop. This recipe makes 10 balls.
4. Preheat oven to 350 F.
5. Heat cast-iron skillet on medium-high and cook balls until lightly browned on outside.
6. Place balls evenly spaced on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.